Valid from April 2018
This privacy statement applies to Casa Mara Wine Relais, describes how we collect and use information, including personal data, that you provide on our website: www.casa-mara.it. The information also describes the possibilities of choice you have regarding the use of your personal data, how you can access them and how to modify them.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and home address
- Credit card data (type and card number, name on the card, expiration date and CVC code)
- Information on your stays, including arrival and departure dates, special requests and your preferences on services (preference on rooms, services or other);
- Information you provide about your marketing preferences or while participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers
You can also choose which personal information you want to provide to us. If you choose not to provide some details, however, this may affect some of your transactions.
Information we collect automatically
When you use our site, we automatically collect information, some of which may be personal information. For example: language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device operating system, log-in information, usage time, requested URL, status report, user agent (such as browser version information), browsing history, result (visit or reservation), user reservation code, type of information viewed. We may also collect data automatically via cookies.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: we use your personal data to complete and manage your online booking.
- B. Assistance: we use your personal information to provide assistance
- C. Reviews: we could use your contact details to invite you by e-mail to leave a review after your stay. This can help other travelers choose their ideal accommodation. If you submit a review, it could be published on our site.
- D. Marketing activities: we use your data also for marketing activities, in the manner permitted by law. When we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, for example commercial newsletters and marketing communications on new products and services, or on offers that we think may interest you, we will include a link to unsubscribe, which you can use if you no longer want receive such messages in the future.
- E. Other communications: there may be other occasions in which we will contact you via e-mail, post, telephone or text message, depending on the contact details you have provided. We may contact you for the following reasons:
We may have to respond to or handle a request you sent.
- b. If you have not completed an online booking, we may send you an email with an invitation to terminate the booking. We believe this is a useful additional service that allows you to go ahead with a booking without having to search for accommodation again or enter your booking details again.
- c. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review on your experience with our site. We believe this additional service is as useful to you as it is to us, as it allows us to improve our site based on your feedback.
- F. Statistics, improvements and research. We use personal data to conduct research and analysis and to do so we could involve a third party. We may share the results of such research, even with third parties, in an anonymous and aggregated form. We use your personal information for statistical purposes, to improve our services, to make the user experience better and to increase the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, detection and prevention of fraud: we use information, including personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment purposes and for security issues, for example through user authentication.
For these purposes, personal information could be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement or external consultants, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
- H. Legal and compliance purposes: in certain cases, we may use the information provided (including personal data) to manage and resolve disputes or legal disputes, for government investigations and compliance checks, or to honor contracts or to comply with requests made by the police, in accordance with the provisions of the law.
If we use automated means to process personal data that produces legal effects or have a significant effect on you, we will implement the necessary measures to safeguard your rights and your freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
Regarding purposes A and B, we rely on the execution of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary in order to implement the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your information to fulfill our obligation to complete and manage the reservation, by virtue of the contract between us.
Regarding CH purposes, we rely on legitimate interests: we use your information for our legitimate interests, for example to provide you with the most suitable content on our site, e-mails and newsletters, in order to improve and promote the our products, services and content on the site. We may also use your information for administrative, legal or fraud detection purposes. When we use personal data for our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests regarding the protection of your personal data with our rights and our interests.
Regarding the purpose H, we also base ourselves, where possible, on our obligation to comply with current legislation.
Ove Where necessary and based on current legislation, we will obtain your consent before processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If necessary and in accordance with current legislation, we will ask for your consent, which you can remove at any time by contacting us at the addresses mentioned at the end of this statement.
If you do not want to consent to the processing of data according to the methods described in the CF purposes, but there is no system for canceling the consent (for example through the settings of your browser), as far as possible, contact email@example.com .
TriOther service providers: we use service companies to manage your data on our behalf. This management serves for the purposes described in this statement, for example the management of booking payments and the sending of marketing material for analytical support purposes. These service providers are bound by confidentiality agreements and are not authorized to use your personal data for other purposes.
Competenti Competent authorities: we share personal data with law enforcement agencies and other government authorities when required by law or if absolutely necessary for the identification, prevention or conduct of legal proceedings against fraud or crime.
International data transfer
The transmission of personal data as described in this statement may lead to the international transfer of information to countries whose data protection laws are not as detailed as those within the European Union. Where required by European legislation, we will only transfer personal data to entities that offer an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, we will make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal information is protected according to European standards. You can request a copy of these agreements using the contact details below.
We also rely on security procedures and technical and physical restrictions in order to prevent access and use of personal data contained on our servers. Only authorized personnel can access personal data during the course of their work.
our choice and your rights
Where we use your personal information with your consent, you can ask us to withdraw this consent at any time and in the manner prescribed by current legislation. Furthermore, where we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests or public interest, you have the right to oppose the use of your personal information at any time, in the manner prescribed by law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Inform us promptly of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your request according to current legislation.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights under this policy, you can contact us via email@example.com. You can also contact the local data protection authority for any questions or complaints.
Changes to the Disclosure
Since our activities may be subject to change, this privacy statement may also be changed. If you want to be updated on any changes to this statement, we encourage you to periodically visit this page to view any updates. If we make substantial changes or changes that impact you (for example, when we begin to process your personal information for purposes other than those outlined above), we will contact you before we begin.